ABOUT THE STUDIO:
- The Hive Recording Studio has been in many locations throughout Vancouver over the past 20 years. It has seen many studio partners come and go. Most notably, Jesse Gander and Stuart McKillop, who’s new studio can be found here: Rain City Recorders
- It’s now out in the woods, just outside of Victoria. It is easily accessible from the ferry terminal and from the airport.
- If you are producer/engineer looking for a professional space in Victoria to do a project, please contact Colin about available dates.
THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT COLIN STEWART BESIDES WHAT HIS RECORDS SOUND LIKE:
- He’s been recording bands since 1996.
- In 2012 he won a Juno for his work on Dan Mangan’s “Oh Fortune”
- In 2016 he won Producer of the Year at the Western Canadian Music Awards.
- He thinks winning awards for making music is dumb.
- He’s a pretty laid back guy.
- He speaks French and appreciates fine cuisine.
- He’s a big time gear nerd and pretty technically inclined.
- He’s not in a band.
- He sometimes travels to make good records.