THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT COLIN STEWART BESIDES WHAT HIS RECORDS SOUND LIKE:
- He’s been recording bands since 1996.
- In 2012 he won a Juno for his work on Dan Mangan’s Oh Fortune
- In 2016 he won Producer of the Year at the Western Canadian Music Awards.
- In 2020, nipiy, the album he produced with nêhiyawak made the Polaris Prize shortlist and was Juno nominated for indigenous album of the year.
- He thinks winning awards for making music is dumb.
- He’s a pretty laid back guy.
- He speaks French and appreciates fine cuisine.
- He’s a big time gear nerd and pretty technically inclined.
- He’s not in a band.
- He sometimes travels to make good records.
ABOUT THE STUDIO:
- The Hive Recording Studio had been in many locations throughout Vancouver for over 20 years.
- It’s now out in the woods, just outside of Victoria. It is easily accessible from the ferry terminal and from the airport.
- If you are producer/engineer looking for a professional space in Victoria to do a project, please contact Colin about available dates.